Are you having issues updating Enterprise Keywords metadata in document libraries/lists?
I have been looking to resolve the issue, we have been facing recently. I have read so many posts, which talks about deleting custom XML data, personal information settings for office documents or even running a Sharepoint Configuration Wizard BUT it is not possible to perform some of the steps in production environment.
- You have migrated some documents (office 2010/2003) from one location to other location in SharePoint 2010
- Your source documents has Enterprise Keywords metadata attached
- After migrating, you are unable to save changes Enterprise Keywords column
- Some users also experience the issue, while updating metadata using Document Information Panel (DIP)
- Source library has Enterprise Keywords enabled, which creates Enterprise Keywords column in the list/library
- Destination library does not have the above setting turned ON, which is basically telling that we do not want to use Enterprise Keywords in the library
- During Migration, source column (Enterprise Keywords) is brought over to destination library
- After adding Enterprise Keywords to content type, it enables the setting but also creates some data corruption, which prevents us saving values to Enterprise Keywords column
- Before migration, enable Enterprise Keywords in the destination library, which will create Enterprise Keywords column in the list/library
- Add Enterprise Keywords column to all the content types
- Perform migration
OR if you are not doing migration work then delete existing Enterprise Keywords column and add it back again.
To Enable Enterprise Keywords:
Goto List/library settings -> Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings (Under Permissions management) -> Tick Enterprise Keywords (Add Enterprise Keywords)